- A flyway conservation programme is developed and maintained in the Mediterranean region that is stable, sustainable, growing and increasingly effective, spearheaded by a committed and coordinated consortium of environmental NGOs.
Project Purpose: To enhance the capacity of 12 conservation NGOs in the Mediterranean region to work effectively as a dynamic self-sustaining network, to better protect key species, sites and habitats at the heart of the Africa-Eurasia flyway.
- 1. To achieve long-term outcomes for flyway conservation in the Mediterranean
- 2. To support the professional development of conservation NGOs in 12 countries to take action for flyway conservation
- 3. To strengthen local participation in conservation at critical sites for migratory birds
- 4. To strengthen regional collaboration for flyway conservation in the Mediterranean
Main Project Activities:
Establish a BirdLife Mediterranean Flyway Conservation Forum to facilitate flow of information and skills between implementing partners.
Review and agree highest priority common conservation issues impacting on the flyway and indicators to measure progress.
Establish project steering committee, confirm roles and activities and supervise project implementation.
Strengthen ability of partner NGOs to work with LCGs to secure key flyway sites