Sustainable Hunting Project:
- Regional basis:
- Development of “guidelines for hunting management”, to be adapted on national basis.
- Development of “Code of Practice for hunters”.
- Development of “Synthesis reports” on the issue of hunting.
- Development of “Country National Report” on hunting.
- Coordination a “National Hunter Survey” (gathering data on hunting sector).
- Development of draft application decrees for the hunting law.
- Development of awareness material (Pamphlets addressing hunters on game birds & on globally threatened birds).
- Printing of the “Arabic Field Guide”.
- Development of “Educational manual/CD” addressed to school children 8-12 years old, and training around 200 – 250 school teachers on its use.
- Organizing conflict resolution sessions between different stakeholders involved in hunting.
- Training courses on bird identification & conservation issues to Law Enforcement Officers-LEOs.
Migratory Soaring Bird Project
- Representing the conservation NGOs in the Hunting Higher Council for 2 terms.
- Supporting in the development of application decrees for the hunting law 580/2004.
- Preparing GIS maps for MSB species flyways, hunting hotspots, and the protected areas in Lebanon.
- Development of “soaring bird atlas”, “field guide for MSBs”, and “manual for bird identification”.
- Development of the “Hunter Guide” that covers safety, hunter ethics & responsibility, and conservation.
- Development of Questions & Answers in parallel with the
- Training Educational Coordinators from the Ministry of Education for the use of the Educational Manual/CD.
- Training Law Enforcement Officers-LEOs on bird
identification, conservation, and the hunting law.
- Organizing a National Training on the identification of Migratory Soaring Bird species with Mr. Richard Porter.
- Preparing reports on relation between hunting & soaring birds, analysis of sub-threats of hunting, and report on hunting stakeholders and organizations.
- Preparing a report on national policies and legislations related to hunting management in Lebanon.
- Preparing a business plan for hunting management in Lebanon.
- Conducting a survey assessing the relation of hunting to livelihood of people and the impact of the MSB project.
- Development of “Status of Birds in Lebanon”.
MAVA BirdLife Capacity Building Project
- Development of training program for hunters based on the “Hunter Guide” (in order to enable them to pass the hunting exam for the license).
- Development of an online quiz as atrial for the hunter before the actual exam (based on the Questions & Answers developed).
- Launching of an Arabic Interactive Website addressed mainly to hunters.
- Social media addressing hunters
CEPF LEF Sustainable Hunting Project
Development of awareness material addressed to LEF conservation NGOs :
website on sustainable hunting www.responsiblehunting.org
Short film on status of hunting in Lebanon
Four posters (on game species ; permits, safety measures ; RHA concept)
awareness leaflet covering above 4 themes
Mobile app addressing conservation NGOs
Initiation of studies for 1st model RHA (EIA, management and monitoring plan, business plan….)