The Society for the Protection of Nature in Lebanon – SPNL is one of the oldest environmental NGOs in Lebanon. It was established under the Lebanese Laws, and licensed by the Ministry of Interior in 1986. As a national environmental NGO in Lebanon, SPNL has widely contributed to both raising awareness on environmental issues and concretely protecting natural areas in Lebanon.As the BirdLife International partner for Lebanon, SPNL is engaged in bird conservation mainly through building capacities of protected areas managers from the whole country on bird identification; through the Important Bird Areas program that aims at identifying sites and habitats essential for bird conservation; and through conservation site action projects.
SPNL is now reviving and advocating the Hima community based conservation approach based on sound science and passionate commitment, which through transparent and democratic processes, leads to a well-informed public. SPNL strives to advocate a better quality of life for people and nature, through conserving sites, protecting species, and assuring sustainability.Its strategy revolves around four fundamental building blocks for promoting sustainable development:
- Sites &Habitats
Your membership to SPNL gives you the opportunity to achieve the following:
• To have the opportunity to make an effective change.
• To gain more information about birds and nature in Lebanon.
• To participate in our activities effectively.
• To get a clearer idea of the environmental problems.
• To Gain accesses to our informationacrossmorethan1,000environmentalreferencesinour library.
• To get a specialized professional training opportunities.
• To have the opportunity to influence national policies.
• To get the opportunities to participate in specialized environmental courses.
• To take advantage of special discounts offered by the partners of SPNL.
Make a difference: you will be helping to save Lebanon’s natural heritage for you and your children
Find adventure and education: you and your family, young and old, can explore our beautiful nature reserves and enjoy activities like hiking, bird watching and camping.
Keep in touch: we provide you with information about SPNL and its activities and about the conservation issues affecting Lebanon and the region.
Save money: enjoy a special discounts.15% on guided services and 15% on shop products .
1- Youth member (below 21) 10000 LP
2- Full membership (voting rights after 2 years) 50000 LP
3- Supporter at your discretiontweet