What is “HOMAT AL HIMA”?
HOMAT AL HIMA is a capacity-building program for youth aiming to empower the local communities to better manage and support their Hima sites.
Vision: To empower through capacity building, train the local youth, and build a group of activists in Lebanon.
Mission: To deliver training and workshops that enhance the livelihoods of locals and support nature conservation.
Values: Capacity building:
- Should be accessible to local youth
- Improves know-how for every local member
- Strengthens relationships between engaged local youth
- Enhances the livelihoods of local youth and their families
- Increase the belonging spirit of local youth
- Include women and other locals in training and capacity building
- Support local community members in building their capacities
What we do?
We are supporting communities by empowering their youth so they can be involved in their communities.
We organize training, workshops, and also activities that are essential for a better livelihood, so they can be active in their villages: protecting lands, planting, working with the municipality, organizing open discussion, learning how to collaborate as members of the same community, facing crises in critical situations,
Especially during the hard times that our communities can face with political and socio-economic crises, we are intensifying training and capacity building so they can learn several emergency skills and be prepared to face the challenges.
- Supporting in-need communities
- Capacity building is very essential for the future and to ensure a better community.
- Engage local youth.
- Participate in conserving local lands and territories.
- Empower locals to better face all disasters and support financial and technical disasters, wars, social crises, economic crises, etc.
- Raise awareness about biodiversity and how to protect it.
- Help local communities during hard days and situations.
- Focusing on regions and villages in need during war, disasters, forest fires, etc.
- Participate in helping youth have job opportunities.
- Participate in building a strong community.
- Participation in reforestation and nature conservation
Why donate now?
Many local communities, especially in the South of Lebanon, villages close to the borders, are facing war, and they are affected by the current situation. The moving of local communities to other regions, like Mount Lebanon and Bekaa, is also putting pressure on the villages’ resources.
What you can do?
Donate for a training or adopt a HOMAT AL HIMA ; it is approximately 35 dollars per training and 55 dollars per person.
You are helping displaced HOMAT AL HIMA ; physically, psychologically, and financially, you will be prepared and well trained to help us in our mission once we get back to their Hima villages once the situation and circumstances allow.
We promise to…
- Showcase results
- Ensure opportunities for local youth.
- Be fully dedicated to local communities for a better life on different levers: social, economic, cultural, etc.
- Work carefully in equity while also ensuring help and support for each community according to its needs.
- Empower, train, and teach local youth how they can react and act during difficult periods in their country.
- Teach the local community how to participate in biodiversity conservation.
- To be present and help the communities on the ground in any disaster or crisis.