A- Rules and Application Procedures
1) KANAFAR ANNUAL RACES – RUN FOR HIMA – 21 Km and 6 Km will take place on 20st August 2017. Both events are approved by the municipality of Kherbet Kanafar.
2) The Half marathon 21 km is opened to all license or not license runners, groups and individuals above 16 years old. The race of 6 KM and the one FOR FUN are opened to all groups and individuals of all ages. Each participant will expressly agree that he/she is responsible for his/her participation and to the rules set out and to sign the registration form include the waiver.
3) The races itineraries are the following:
3-1) 21 Km starting from the St-Charbel church towards the main road of KEFRAYA-TAL DNOUB, going to the litany road passing by TAL DNOUB Village, to back from the parallel road to kherbet kanafar official hospital, passing by Kefraya Orchard land (Abou OMAR), round on Lodvick Chniller school continue to sabeh ouyoun, and than inside the village, as per the map attached, the route continues towards the great oak to come back to church (same departure line). It is a mixture of hilly and flat course.
3-2) 6 Km, is also a road trip, starting from St-Charbel church towards the plain (WBCC), backing from the parallel road to kherbet kanafar official hospital, passing by Kefraya Orchard land (Abou OMAR), arriving to the same line of departure. It is a flat course.
3-3) RUN FOR FUN Race, Running or Walking, is also a road trip, starting from St-Charbel church towards the plain (WBCC), backing from the parallel road to kherbet kanafar official hospital, passing by Kefraya Orchard land (Abou OMAR), arriving to the same line of departure. It is a flat course.
4) All participants aged less than 16 years old, and registered to any of the races held on the same day, need to send a written parental approval. By signing this parental approval, the parent accepts all responsibilities as if he/she was the participant.
5) By participating in the race, the runner agrees that he/she is not for any reason, including medical reasons, prohibited from taking part in the competition. All participants must ensure they are fit enough to take part in the race. It is also recommended that any participant (especially those above 40 years old) taking part in such an event for the first time should consult their Medical Practitioner.
6) A Complete Registration Form must be signed from the participant and the organizers to activate the participation. Incomplete registration received after 19th August 2017 will be rejected. Participation packs, including participation number, will be collected from the registration center directly after completing the registration.
7) The organizer reserves the right to cancel the event due to force majeure cases; a refund will be made if cancellation is decided from the organizer.
8) The organizer reserves the right to alter the routes of the races 21Km & 6 Km and all associated events.
9) No participant shall be allowed to transfer his/her inscription and/or his/her number. The organizers will not approve or consider any departure from this rule.
C- RACE MANAGEMENT
10) The half Marathon of 21Km will start at 7h00 am, on 20st August 2017 from St-Charbel Church Kherbet Kanafar, participant will be allowed 3 hours to complete the race and reach the finish line at the same place.
11) The race of 6 Km will start at 8h00 am, on 20st August 2017 from St-Charbel Church Kherbet Kanafar, participant will be allowed 2 hours to complete the race and reach the finish line at the same place.
12) The race of 6 Km for those who RUN or WALK for fun, will start at 09h00 am., on 20st August 2017 from St-Charbel Church Kherbet Kanafar, participant will be allowed 2 hours to complete the race and reach the finish line at the same place.
13) Participants shall follow strictly the designed route, markings and signs;
14) While it is expected that all participants will reach the finish between 11h00 and 11h30, the organization duties, obligations and liabilities will terminate after the arrival of the last follow up vehicle (Red Cross).
15) All participants shall at all time wear their respective running numbers in such a way as to make it visual and verifiable at each stage of the race. Failure to do so will result in the disqualification of the participant.
There shall be regular controls during the course of the races to maintain rules and discipline, assured by VOLUNTEERS & AUDITORS from Lebanese Athletics Federation.
16) Numbers shall be returned to the organizer for security and control of participants in the following cases: Abandonment; Exclusion / disqualification for any reason;
17) Each participant shall be responsible for his evaluation for personal water and foodstuff intake during the race.
18) Participant is strongly advise not to accept any provision outside specific supply point which will be set up at every +/- 7Km of the route. Any provision taken in default shall lead to disqualification.
19) The police will ensure road safety;
20) First aid will be present at each specified control postings and medical practitioners will be found all along the route, and they are empowered to prohibit any further continuation by a participant for any medical reasons. Any participant who has abandoned or prevented from further continuation shall leave the race route immediately.
21) The Official jury shall be composed of : A director of kanafar Annual Races whose decision shall be final. He will be assisted by the personnel responsible at specific postings, and a jury prof. from Lebanese Athletics Federation.
22) Ranking will be made according to : Genders.
23) Any claim or appeal shall be in written and deposited at the desk found near the finish and same shall be done within 30 minutes of the posting of the provisional results. Decision of the Organizing Committee shall be final.
24) Participant undertake:
24-1) Not to threaten or insult any member of the Organizing Committee and/or any member of the public and/or any participant;
24-2) Not to commit any act tantamount before and/or during the race as to gain an advantage;
24-3) Not to anticipate the departure of the race as to gain an unfair advantage;
25) No Animal cycles, rollers, Skates or vehicle will be allowed to participate.
26) The organizers have arranged insurance cover for any civil liability that may arise against them and/or the participants; Participants not in possession of insurance cover for personal injuries/damage may subscribe at their own cost to an insurance policy taken by the organizer.
The organizers are not responsible in the event of any dispute arising between the hotels, all services providers and the client/participant.
By registering for the races / 21km – 6 Km / it is agreed and understood:
That Participant accepts all the rules and regulations set out above;
The organizer shall have all Rights to make use of any picture, visuals, films, etc regarding the race for promotional purposes.
call: +961 3 106 861 email: email@example.com