#FacesOfTheForest Photo Contest
Take part in the first edition of the #FacesOfTheForest Contest as part of the events organized and communicated by the network of Forest Communicators in the Mediterranean Region and Near East (FCNMedNE) ,The theme selected by the Collaborative Partnership on Forests for the 2015 International Day of Forests is “Forests | Climate | Change.
Climate change being one of the biggest challenges facing our planet while the role of our forests in mitigation needs to be more clearly understood. the FCNMedNE is launching the first edition of the #FacesOfTheForest Contest as to highlight in a very simple and expressive way the vital role of the forests in the development of our people, the people of the forest.
Forests are central to our efforts to combat climate change, whether at the level of global policy or as local initiatives. We must all rally behind this call for action and make change due to the impact it has on the proliferation of life on the planet.
#FacesOfTheForest Contest Theme:
• Photos are to be taken for People in the forests of the countries in Mediterranean and the Near East Regions.
• Photos have to reflect the role played by forest people, and forests in general regarding the topics of income generation, mitigation of climate change, water conservation, soil conservation, sustainable development, social equity, gender balance, women empowerment, youth development.
A selection of the best pictures for People will be shared on the FAO website of the FCNMedNE, printed and presented in an exhibition during the IV Mediterranean Forest Week in San PAU
Closing Date: Photos sent after 12 March, 2015 at 23:59 UTC will not be accepted.
•Photos are to be taken in the forests of the countries in Mediterranean and the near east regions.
•Photos have to reflect the role played by forest people, and forests in general regarding the topics of income generation, mitigation of climate change, water conservation, soil conservation, sustainable development, social equity, gender balance, women empowerment,
THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CONTEST ARE:
•Only photos taken with digital cameras and which meet the legal requirements of the #FacesOfTheForest Photography Contest will be
• All photos will be shared on the Facebook page of the FCNMedNE (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1428889647373839/), or on instragram (@FCNMedNE) and twitter (@FCNMedNE) using the hashtag #FacesOfTheForest.
• You may share a maximum of five photos.
• Original: All participants must send the image sent off to the contest in top condition with a minimum resolution of 300 DPI to email@example.com. It is highly recommended to keep a copy in RAW format.
• Resolution: The images will measure at least 1024 pixels on their longest side. It is recommended to take photos in horizontal format, or squared for instagram.
• Important: If minors appear in the photos the photo author must seek their parents’ permission. Photos may not show content which is obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit or any other form of inappropriate content. Watermarks are not acceptable.
• Rights: Contestants state and guarantee to #FacesOfTheForest that they are the sole holders of any copyright pertaining to the photo submitted to the contest. They also assume full liability for ensuring the works submitted are not subject to any third-party rights or claims involving image rights. Under no circumstances will photos be accepted and/or published which could breach third party rights. Nor will photos be accepted which have won prizes in other contests.
• Any questions? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org